Gender-based violence, Law and Society, Suicide prevention, Urban Crimes, Corrections, Social network analysis, and Social Psychology
Vahid Jadidi is a doctoral student in the Department of Criminology, Law and Society at George Mason University. He earned his BA in Social Science-Social Research from Allameh Tabataba’i University and MA in Sociology at The University of Tehran in Iran. He currently works under Dr. Jin R. Lee and Dr. Auzeen Shariati as a Graduate Research Assistant. His research interests are Gender-based violence, Law and Society, Suicide prevention, Social network analysis, and Social psychology.
He also Carried out information and data retrieval searches using electronic databases, analyzed and evaluated research and interpreted data using a range of statistical packages, liaised with direct social research field interviewers to gather information. Prepared, presented and disseminated results in the form of reports, and briefings as a Research and Development Specialist between Apr. 2018 - Jun. 2020 in Electro Novin Plast company in Iran.
- Jadidi, V. “Hectic City "Study of Street Music as A Common Artistic Phenomenon in the City”, published in the “5TH International Conference on Social Studies, Law and Popular Culture”, Tehran, Iran, November 2021.
Jadidi, V. “An investigation of lived experience of married women with breast cancer: A phenomenological approach (Case study: 30–55 year-old women in the city of Bukan)”, in the “6th National Conference on Humanities and Psychology Studies, Tehran - Iran. 2021
- Jadidi, V. “Investigating the Impact of Social Networking Sites (Instagram) on Students' Ethnic Identity (Case Study: Students of Islamic Azad University, East Tehran Branch)”, in the “7TH National Conference on Management Studies in the Humanities”, Tehran - Iran. 2021
Jadidi, V. “Ezaehae Gass” Nikmehr press, Tehran, Iran, my second book (including philosophic topics with sociological aspect), ISBN: 978-600- 8986-46-1, April 2019 https://www.gisoom.com/book/11524983/%DA%A9%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D8%B0%D8%A7%D8%B9%D9%87-%D9%87%D8%A7%DB%8C-%DA%AF%D8%B3/
Jadidi, V. Asghari, SM, Safinejad, J, “The Suicide of Mamasani’s Women during Achieve the Power of Mohammad Shah”, International Congress on Humanities, Social Science and Behavioral Science, Tehran, Iran, September 22, 2018.
- Jadidi, V. “Vaaya”, Nikmehr press, Tehran, Iran, my first book (including sociology of art and aesthetic topics), ISBN: 978-600-8287- 66-7, September 2017. https://www.gisoom.com/book/11340751/%DA%A9%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%A8-%D9%88%D8%A7%DB%8C%D8%A7/
Expanded Publication List
Working on a project, in the course of social thoughts of Muslim thinkers, “The flow of religious reform thought”, 2021.
Working on two projects, in the course of sociology of art, 1. “Adorno and the music market”, The analysis of Iranian Music market and commodification of music”, and 2. “Can Tehran walls be art creators?”, A study of the Graffiti art subculture in Iran, 2021.
Research in the area of Theories of Sociology, with the title of “Analysis of Habermas theory of communicative action with the focus on the study and comparison with Weber’s rationalization theory”, 2021.
- Working on a project, in the course of organizational sociology, “Administrative system and the hierarchy of Kahrizak sanitarium (as an NGO located in the south of Tehran)” and their influence on the conditions of elderly there, 2018.
Working on a project, in the course of the family sociology, “Modernism and its effects on the family, and its association with women’s employment”, 2017.
- Research in the area of war sociology with the title of “Iraq's political war against Iran”; in various kinds of psychological operations and their main goals, 2016.
Working on a project with the title of “Economy of Islamic countries” based on the economic sociology description of financial aspects of Islamic countries and clarification of main problems in economic growth of Islamic areas, 2016.
- Studying “Self (ego)” based on the theories of Herbert Mead, Herbert Blumer, Sigmund Freud and Jean Piaget, for the course of social psychology, 2015.
Studying the monograph of Harandeh (a village in the central district of Firuzkouh town, Tehran province, Iran) in the course of rural sociology, 2015.
Working on a project in the area of religion sociology, entitled “Becoming customary in the Christian west and Islamic east” based on Peter Burger’s viewpoint, 2015.
- Studying culture and globalization process: an introduction to global culture, concept of culture, and the dimensions and identity of globalization, 2014.
Grants and Fellowships
- Departmental Summer Scholarship, George Mason University, 2023.
- The Provost Presidential Scholar, George Mason University, 2023.
- The University of Tehran Faculty Research Assistance Program, 2020.
- BA Degree: Excelled as the top 5% graduated students, ranked 2nd among social science, 2018.
- Ranked in top 0.5 % of approximately 400,000 Iranian participants in university entrance exam in Humanities, 2013.
PhD, Criminology, Law and Society, George Mason University (2023-)
MA, Sociology, The University of Tehran (2022)
BA, Social science-social research, Allameh Tabataba'i University (2018)