Richard M. Denholm II
Richard M. Denholm II is an adjunct faculty member in the Department of Criminology, Law and Society. Mr. Denholm retired from the FBI after serving as a Special Agent and Supervisory Special Agent for over 22 years. He began his career as an enforcement attorney at the U.S. Federal Election Commission in Washington, D.C. and practiced there for four years before joining the FBI. Throughout his FBI career, Mr. Denholm led significant, high-profile investigations including public corruption, white collar crime and violent crime. He received the Attorney General's Award in 2003 for leading the investigation of a U.S. Congressman. He served as the FBI’s Deputy Director to the U.S. Department of Justice’s Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces Fusion Center and led efforts of federal law enforcement to share intelligence across all agencies of the U.S. Government. He is a certified FBI law enforcement instructor and has taught courses of instruction to all levels of federal, state and local law enforcement. He graduated from the University of Akron with a B.A. in Political Science and the University of Akron School of Law earning his Juris Doctorate. Mr. Denholm attended Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management and earned a certificate in Leading and Navigating Strategic Change and also earned certificates in Negotiation and Deposition Strategy from Northwestern University.
Denholm, Richard, M. II. "An Intelligence Studies Anthology: Foundational Concepts and Case Studies for the 21st Century." 2021 Cognella, Inc.
Denholm, Richard, M. II. "Corruption in Government." 2021 Cognella, Inc.
CRIM-310: Introduction to the Intelligence Community
CRIM-312: Intelligence Analysis Techniques
CRIM 490: Public Corruption Law and Case Studies
J.D. University of Akron School of Law
B.A. Political Science University of Akron
In the Media
- Crooked City: Youngstown, OH, New Podcast From Marc Smerling’s truth.media Exploring Crime and Corruption in Youngstown, Ohio, Premieres Today Jul 25, 2022. (See Episode 14)
- Needlestacks Podcast - Featured guest on podcast Needlestacks by Authentic8 discussing legal and law enforcement issues, intelligence, and privacy laws in the digital age.
- FBI Retired Case File Review Podcast with Retired Special Agent Jerri Williams - Featured guest on podcast FBI Retired Case File Review (January 2024) discussing the Bobby Cutts murder investigation.
- Rooting Out Extremism in Law Enforcement Ranks
- www.nbcwashington.com › investigations
- NBC4 Washington · Jan 18, 2021
- Denholm specialized in public corruption cases for the FBI and now teaches Intelligence at George Mason University.
- Fox News Local broadcasts (multiple) - Expert commentary provided during the January 6th Insurrection at the United States Capitol.